ICAN for the Hispanic and Ibero-American Community
ICAN in the Dominican Republic
Forging Relationships with Dominican Cancer Experts
ICAN Hispanic and Ibero-American Council President, Professor Fernando Ferrer MBA, visited Dominican Republic at the end of January and presented a series of conferences at various hospitals about international regulations related to health and the impact in the Dominican Republic. Ferrer was also interviewed by reporters from TV, radio, and print media.
One of the conferences was held at the National Institute of Cancer (INCART) in Santo Domingo where Ferrer met with Dr Adrian Puello Guerrero, INCART Director of Research and Education and discussed areas of collaboration between ICAN and INCART.
"We are looking for a closer collaboration with the Dominican community in the US, the Hospital INCART and the people suffering from rare diseases, uncommon or complex diseases and cancer in the Dominican Republic," said Ferrer.
According to a 2017 Pew Research Center analysis of the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, Dominicans are the fifth largest Hispanic population in the U.S. with about 2.1 million living in the U.S. in 2017—an increase of 159% since 2000.
- Information for patients (en) | Información para pacientes (es) | Informação para pacientes (pt)
- Information for healthcare professionals | Información para profesionales de la salud | Informação para profissionais da saúde
- ICAN en pocas palabras
- Should I Participate? (en) | Debo Participar (es) | Devo Participar (pt)
- II IberoAmerican Congress of Rare Diseases—Brasilia, October 21 -22, 2016 "Should I Participate?" Presentation by Fernando Ferrer, Chairman, ICAN Hispanic and Ibero-American Communities Council
- "Latin America towards Global Convergence, Strategic Overview" - Presentation by Fernando Ferrer, Chairman, ICAN Hispanic and Ibero-American Communities Council at the Convergence 2015 Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) Congress in Baltimore, MD.
Information about clinical trials at Stand Up To Cancer
Check out the Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) multicultural and bilingual (English and Spanish) Clinical Trials PSA campaign which aims to increase clinical trial participation across all cancer clinical trials, to ultimately help deliver more new therapies to patients.
- Compre 'Hasta el cansancio en beneficio de ICAN'. ¡Dos formas de colaborar con ICAN sin pagar extra en sus compras!
Federal Tax I.D.: EIN 86-0818253